Begin your Family's Journey
Who is Yucca Blossom for?
- Families who know nothing about Montessori education, but are looking for an educational environment that fosters independence, self-efficacy, and exploration
- Families who are specifically seeking a Montessori early childhood environment for their children
- Families who value their freedom and want their children to develop a love of learning
- Guardians seeking a space where adults are trained to observe and respond to children in an age-appropriate manner
- Creators and creatives
- Out-of-the-box thinkers
- People who value order and predictability
- Families who wish to foster a deep love and stewardship of the outdoors
- People who desire the benefits of child-directed learning without having to make a full-time commitment to homeschooling
- People who believe traditional educational models are not equipped to prepare children for the modern world
Acceptance of any applicant is based principally on the child’s readiness for the Montessori program as determined by guide-administrator interviews and the parents’ expectations of the school. No child shall be denied admission on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender or handicap.
The following priorities are observed in determining admissions:
- Currently enrolled students (re-enrollment must be received before the deadline)
- Children of employees
- Balance and age and gender in the classroom
- Transfer students from other Montessori schools
- Date of application
If classes are full, prospective students will be put in a waiting pool. Returning students will be given priority over new students in the waiting pool.